Providing safety, welfare and social well-being for all employees is not only a legal obligation but also a human responsibility. Business thrives if its workforce is healthy and happy and loyal, hence why we strive to continuously improve the standard of care for all Melita employees. Our target is not only to prevent injury, ill-health and minimise risk, but also to increase employee retention.
In line with the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals, we also believe that a healthy workplace should be a diverse one, and we aim to be ahead of our industry norms by having 33% of managerial positions occupied by women in the next 5 years. We are proud that we currently stand at 32% and tracking this metric will also increase diversity across other aspects.
Back in 2021 Melita Ltd was awarded the ISO 45001 standard for Occupational Health and Safety. This certification is awarded to organisations which make substantial and meaningful efforts to improve employee safety and reduce workplace risks while forming a better and safer working environment. Through this international certification, Melita affirms its commitment and dedication to achieving the highest standards of health and safety in the provision of our services.
This certification provides a framework to identify possible risks before t an accident or other unpleasant realities occur such as mental health issues. In the long run, this reduces absenteeism and staff turnover. On the other hand, it increases productivity, creates a better health and safety culture, enhances the company’s reputation, and improves staff morale.
To meet our Health and Safety commitments and achieve ISO 45001 in Occupational Health and Safety, we have committed to abide by the following principles:
- Comply with all relevant HSE Regulations and requirements.
- Set out systems and processes to ensure that HSE risks are managed consistently.
- Encourage discussion and consultation between management and employees on HSE matters.
- Protect the environment and prevent pollution by minimizing our environmental impact and resource consumption.
- Strive to continually improve Melita’s HSE Management systems through the definition and monitoring of objectives and targets that aim to minimize significant risks and environmental aspects.
- Promote our HSE policies and continuous improvement principles amongst our employees, interested parties and service providers.
- Maintain an HSE management system in line with the requirements of ISO 45001 and ISO 14001 and continuously improve HSE performance.
In addition to achieving ISO 450001 certification, Melita is also a proud recipient of the NCPE Equality Mark, the HR Quality Mark and a recognised Mental Health First Aider Skilled Workplace. All this contributes to continuous improvement in the standard of care for our employees.